Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Quitting Escrow

Yeah! A great thing happened yesterday--Wells Fargo cancelled my escrow account and refunded me all of my money that was in it! When I refinanced my house a few months ago, I was forced to create an escrow account for my taxes because I wasn't paying a 20% downpayment. While I was in Colorado I logged into my Wells Fargo checking/savings account and noticed that my newly refinanced mortgage had been sold to them. So, I immediately requested that they close my escrow account. I'm a big girl and can pay my taxes on my own, thank you very much. Well, when I got home last night there was an escrow refund check in my mailbox! Woo-hoo! Another good sidenote: When I called WF to request that they close my escrow account, they upgraded my checking account (for free) so that I earn interest on balances over $500 and I get free online bill pay. Great stuff!

No comments: