Thursday, May 1, 2008

Weeding & Skating

I did two fun--and great--things last weekend. First, I volunteered with friends to restore a wildlife habitat in the Newport Beach Back Bay. We removed non-native plants (the pretty mustard) and planted native plants (willows, I believe) so that the birdies have a good place to live. I've done this project before, but never with friends, and it's always better to be hanging out early in the hot Cali sun on a Saturday with your friends than with a bunch of strangers. I am so blessed with the most amazing friends! Here I am with Nicole (who is now five months pregnant!) and Sabina:


Then, I went ice skating with my "Little Sister," Jessica in Anaheim, through the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program. I hadn't been ice skating in years and years, but I did okay. In fact, neither one of us fell at all!

No comments: