Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Camping in Joshua Tree Nat'l Park

Last weekend I went camping in Joshua Tree National Park with the Steins and Chino. I had a really wonderful weekend--I love camping! I got to the campgrounds pretty late on Friday, but they had dinner waiting for me, which was super nice. On Saturday morning Eric made homemade blueberry pancakes and then we set off on a 8 mile hike to the Lost Palms Oasis. I love hiking!

After the hike we drove around the park for a bit and then came back to our campsite to eat Chino's delicious jambalaya dinner. In the evening I went to a presentation at the campground's amphitheater. Before we called it a day we sat around the campfire and made smores--yum!


On Sunday I made breakfast for the group and then left on a solo hike to Mastodon Peak.


So, lots of good things last weekend: Eating, camping, hiking, and friends. :-)

No comments: