Monday, August 4, 2008

Pageants & Showers

On Friday night Ryan and Nicole took me, along with their families, to the Festival of the Arts and Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach. This year's theme is "All the World's a Stage" and the show was amazing, again, as usual. I love how perfectly the music, narration, and art combine. And, I love my wonderful friends who generously bring me along to events like this!


On Saturday morning I went to Nicole's baby shower, and let me tell you, this was the nicest, most fancy, and most classy baby shower I have ever been to. It was like a wedding, but it was a baby shower. Janae did the most amazing job hosting it. She is my inspiration for all future hosting duties. First of all, the shower was held at Janae's parents' house, which was overlooking the ocean in Laguna Beach--beautiful! Janae and her mom had decorated the chairs, tables, and event area so meticulously. The food was delicious--and the cake, oh my, the cake, was heavenly! Janae gifted attendees with the most beautiful homemade jewelry pieces (made by her!). You can check out her creations at http://www.jjems.biz/ (and I suggest that you do!). The whole event was fun and special. I am so excited to meet Miss Olivia Grace B. when she makes her debut sometime around September 13:-)

Janae, Nicole, and Me

The main flower arrangement at the baby shower!

No comments: